No matter your age or stage of life, annual physical exams are essential to your ongoing health.
- Establish your personal health baseline.
One of the most important benefits of having regular physicals or annual well exams, is the insight that you and your provider gain about your current health and potential risk factors for disease.
- Preventive Health Screenings
- Blood Pressure
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- BMI (Body mass index)
- Learn about your chronic disease risk.
Statistically, three in five adults in the United States live with a chronic illness, and two in five adults have multiple chronic diseases. These include some of the following:
- Heart disease
- Kidney Disease
- Lung disease
- Building a relationship with your Primary Care Provider
Having your Annual Wellness visit allows you to talk with your provider when you are not experiencing an acute illness or problem. This allows you the opportunity to connect further with your primary care provider and establish rapport and trust.